Friday, August 24, 2012
Author: Jason Tremblay | Topics: Florida Timeshare, Orlando Timeshare
Cvent, out of McLean, Virginia, has released a new list ranking the top US convention cities and showing that Orlando, Florida ranks number one on the list, Washington DC is number two, and Las Vegas, Nevada ranks number three. These top convention destinations are also cites where timeshare resales and timeshare rentals are widely available and provide unique convention housing accommodations, especially with the large inventories of Orlando timeshares and Las Vegas timeshares typically available.
Cvent determines its rankings based on:
- total number of rooms booked through its network
- the number of unique requests-for-proposals (RFPs) sent through the marketplace to venues within the city
- the total value of RFPs submitted and the actual awarded value for meetings booked
Cvent is a global meetings and event management technology company, connecting meeting planners and convention planners with cities that host them in the top 50 meeting destinations. Although the company doesn’t factor in timeshare rental and timeshare resale availability as one of its criteria for evaluating convention city ranking, timeshares are an important accommodations option that should be considered when thinking about convention lodging.
Orlando Timeshares and Las Vegas Timeshares are Smart Convention Options
The ranking of both Orlando and Las Vegas as top convention destinations is no surprise; many companies return to convention at these locations year after year. Desirable weather, abundant local amenities and attractions, excellent airports, and an urban culture that is geared to hosting visitors and vacationers, makes both cities highly desirable convention venues. Orlando, is particularly noteworthy, because in addition to being Cvent’s top convention destination, other research shows it is the convention locale where attendees are most likely to bring their families along on the trip and most likely to book extra days of personal vacation time in conjunction with their convention stay.
Meeting and convention planners don’t always look to timeshare accommodations as a convention option, which is an oversight, especially when looking at Las Vegas and Orlando timeshares. In both cities, timeshare accommodations are located conveniently close to the large convention centers, as well as the smaller convention and meeting areas available at so many hotels and resorts.
For companies, timeshares offer space for convention attendees to spread and relax, with extra benefits when it comes to costs.
- Convention attendees from the same company can share timeshare accommodations, maintain their privacy, and yet be housed together, making meal planning, taxi rides, and airport transportation and other travel details easy to coordinate.
- Timeshares afford space for a company’s convention attendees to work together on presentations or to review data during down time away from the convention center.
- For convention attendees bringing their families along, a timeshare means spacious, family-friendly lodging.
- Companies who return to the same city year after year for conventions and meeting can benefit from the cost savings of owning a timeshare resale at that location.
And if you are regular convention attendee who pays for his or her own accommodations, an affordable timeshare rental or timeshare resale can be a wise and wonderfully comfortable option.