College Classes in Timeshares and Timeshare Management
Monday, November 12, 2007
The Director of Studies of the National Council of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, N. S. Bhuie, said in a press release, “The National Council has done extensive research and held detailed discussions with AIRDA and its members to evolve course material which will be relevant to the Indian industry and also provide successful candidates better job opportunities.”
The Chairman of AIRDA, B.S. Rathor acknowledges the importance of timeshares and timesharing by saying, “Vacation Ownership (Timeshare) is one of the fastest growing segments of the Hospitality industry and will require a large number of skilled personnel in the coming years.”
AIRDA figures show that the compound annual growth rate of India timeshares and vacation ownership is 20 percent and that timeshares are a significant player in domestic leisure tourism within the country.
But you don’t have to go to India to study timeshare management and timeshare resorts. Some of the better-known programs in this country can be found at:
- The School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- The School of Hospitality and Tourism at Florida International University, Miami, FL
- The William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
- The Dedman School of Hospitality at Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management at the University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
I sure we’ve left out other great collegiate programs, so if you would like to let us know about academic programs in timeshares, timeshare management, and vacation ownership, leave your comments on this blog, and we’ll make sure that they are posted to share with everyone.
Also, here’s a link to an e-booklet we prepared at Sell My Timeshare NOW, that offers some general information about the college scholarship opportunities in the hospitality industry.