Wyndham Timeshare at ATHOC Down Under

Explore the Maheno Shipwreck at Fraser Island during your Australia timeshare vacation
Explore the Maheno Shipwreck at Fraser Island during your Australia timeshare vacation

Wyndham Vacation Ownership (Wyndham timeshare) participated in the 2012 annual Australian Timeshare and Holiday Ownership Council (ATHOC) Conference held this week in Cairns, Queensland, Australia. The conference, which wrapped up yesterday, was held at the Pullman Reef Hotel Casino in Cairns and attracted some 130 delegates from the timeshare and vacation ownership industry worldwide. Among the attendees were Wyndham Vacation Ownership President and CEO, Franz Hanning and Geoff Richards, the company’s Chief Operations Officer, representing Wyndham timeshare.

Wyndham timeshare’s commitment to Australia and the countries of the Pacific Rim is strong. Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific CEO and Managing Director, Barry Robinson opened the conference as the ATHOC President, and talked about the resilience of the vacation ownership industry in the Asia Pacific despite the challenging economy of recent years.

Exciting Changes in Wyndham Timeshare Queensland Paves the Way for More Guests, New Timeshare Owners

Last year, Wyndham acquired the Mercure Port Douglas Treetops Resort (Queensland), which it has since rebranded as a Ramada Resort. From December through this past summer, Wyndham has been hard at work, refurbishing and refreshing this property, including an investment of some $20 million. Barry Robinson explains that the company has been converting 200 rooms into 90 one- and two-bedroom vacation ownership units. As a dual-use resort, some 30 percent of the property will be available for hotel guests while the other 70 percent will be used by Wyndham timeshare owners and guests.

Taking advantage of new direct flights by China Eastern and China Southern airlines to Carins, Wyndham looks to attract greater numbers of Chinese vacationers and travelers to Australia. Describing it as “Time to bring the China boom to the Far North” the website Carins.com.au cites Barry Robinson as saying that low-cost (air) carriers were making it cheaper for people to travel, particularly from Asia. Robinson explains, “Our Asian owners will want to come to see the Great Barrier Reef.”

Follow this link if you are interested in learning more about becoming a Wyndham timeshare owner through competitively priced timeshare resales.

And if you want general information about planning an Australia vacation visit:  www.smarttraveller.gov.au