Diamond Resorts International® hosts Brian Gay Invitational
Friday, November 1, 2013
Diamond Resorts International® announced that it will host The Brian Gay Invitational, an annual golf tournament benefiting the Florida Hospital for Children. The tournament will be held on December 6th- 8th, 2013, and will take place at the Diamond Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club in Celebration, FL.
Brian Gay, a professional golfer currently on the PGA tour, is sponsored by Diamond Resorts® and is excited to participate in this worthy cause. Gay says, “It’s an honor to join with Diamond in this charitable effort as this event provides an incredible opportunity to support a worthy cause for which I am passionate about, while also giving back to my local Orlando community.”
The tournament will be a celebrity/amateur tournament, in which one member of each foursome is a celebrity player. The weekend will also feature a golf clinic hosted by Brian Gay, a live concert, and an awards benefit. For those wishing to support the cause off the green, the event will also provide opportunities to donate through special tours and activities.
The organization has already seen a great response with regard to celebrity involvement and participation.
Executive VP of North America Sales and Marketing for Diamond Resorts International®, Michael Flaskey declares, “We are very pleased with the tremendous celebrity response we have already received as it has given us great momentum leading into The Brian Gay Invitational. We strongly believe in this worthy cause and are proud to support the Orlando community where Diamond has a significant presence. Due to the generous response in sponsorships and in-kind donations, along with Brian’s active involvement, we anticipate that our fundraising efforts for the Florida Children’s Hospital will exceed our projected goals and expectations for the event.”
The following celebrities plan to participate in the Brain Gay Invitational:
• Marcus Allen, Hall of Fame Football Player
• Jerome Bettis, Retired NFL Player
• Johnny Damon, Retired MLB Player
• Mike Eruzione, Olympic Hockey Legend
• Penny Hardaway, Retired NBA Player
• John Hart, MLB Executive
• Grant Hill, Retired NBA Player
• J.B. Holmes, PGA Tour Player
• Reggie Jackson, Hall of Fame Baseball Player
• Lee Janzen, PGA Tour Player
• Ryan Longwell, NFL Player
• Joe Magrane, Retired MLB Player/Commentator
• Kevin Millar, Retired MLB Player/Sportscaster
• Phil Nevin, Retired MLB Player
• Bud Norris, MLB Player
• Nick O’Hern, PGA Tour Player
• A.J. Pierzynski, MLB Player
• Dan Plesac, Retired MLB Player
• Darius Rucker, Country Music Superstar
• Mark Rypien, Retired NFL Player
• John Smoltz, Retired MLB Player/Sportscaster
• Michael Stewart, Retired NBA Player
• Frank Viola, Retired MLB Player
There are still many opportunities to participate in the event by visiting the Mystic Dunes Resort and Golf Club. As December draws near, more announcements will be made through the Brian Gay Invitational Tumblr account.
The Florida Hospital for Children
The Florida Hospital for Children (FHFC) is a prominent medical facility in Orlando, Florida, featuring a team of first-class pediatric specialists. With the help of their dedicated staff, the doctors at FHFC care for their patients in an environment designed to comfort both children and families during a difficult time. The lobby of the FHFC is even designed by Imagineers at Disney, allowing kids to participate in interactive games and activities to ease their stay at the facility.