Wyndham Timeshare Will Lay Off 75 Percent of Reno, NV Staff
Monday, December 22, 2008
Wyndham Worldwide says they will lay off 75 percent of their employees at their Reno, Nevada locations, accounting for approximately 75 of 100 positions. The majority of the reductions will be among their timeshare sales and timeshare marketing team.
Wyndham spokesperson Lisa Burby, told Reno News 4 that the layoffs were part of the company’s organization changes, as Wyndham seeks ways to “re-invent the way they do business by taking a pro-active approach to ensure long-term stability.”
Nationwide, Wyndham timeshare is reportedly laying off approximately 4000 workers during the upcoming weeks. In reporting this, The Timeshare Authority is adding more bad news to a growing list of recent timeshare blog posts about cutbacks in the timeshare development and timeshare sales industry.
- Orlando Timeshare Workers Face More Cutbacks
- Further Layoffs at Westgate Timeshare
- The Other Side to the Westgate Timeshare Lawsuit Story
- More Bad News for Westgate Timeshares, Hit with $1 Million Judgment
- Bluegreen Timeshares and Westgate Timeshare Mogul Settle Pending Lawsuit
- Hotels, Timeshares, and the Bailout