Hospitality and Timeshare Industry Generous with Scholarships
Monday, April 2, 2007
Help for college students interested in hotel and timeshare careers.
Are you facing the high cost of sending a child to college? The Princeton Review breaks down the cost of one year of college tuition like this:
- $31,717 at a private university
- $11,918 at a public university.
And these numbers do not include lodging, meals, or other expenses that are part of the expense. So congratulations to so many forward-thinking companies in the hospitality, lodging, and vacation ownership industries that are committed to helping students earn higher educations. One of the noteworthy programs I wanted to share with you is that of the American Hotel & Lodging Education Foundation.
The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation (AHLEF) that is the fund raising and fund management arm of the American Hotel & Lodging Association. For 2007, the programs AHLEF will administer include:
- Arthur J. Packard Memorial Scholarship Competition
- Ecolab Scholarship Competition
- Hyatt Hotels Fund for Minority Lodging Management Students
- Steve Hymans Extended Stay Scholarship
- The Rama Scholarship for the American Dream
- American Express Scholarship Competition
- Annual Scholarship Grant Program
- Lodging Management Program (LMP) Scholarship
- Pepsi Scholarship
- AAA Five Diamond Hospitality Scholarship
The application process for the AHLEF programs has been streamlined. For 2007, it is easier than ever for students who are interested in management, sales, marketing, administration, or food and banquet service at a hotel or timeshare vacation resort to complete the application process. The applications no longer need to be accompanied by tax forms and either official and unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
In 2006, the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation awarded $430,000 to more than 300 hospitality management students.
If you, or your son or daughter, is interested in the great career opportunities available in the hotel and timeshare industries and want to learn more about the AHLEF scholarship program, you can contact:
The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation
1201 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005-393