$13 Million to be Invested at Wilmot Mountain by Vail Resorts
Friday, March 11, 2016
For those looking forward to next winter already, Vail Resorts is already making some big moves. The resort company plans to invest $13 million dollars for renovations at Wilmot Mountain in Wisconsin for the upcoming 2016-2017 season. Located just 65 miles north of Chicago, Wilmot will now be included in the Vail Resorts season pass line-up that offers quality resort access and unbeatable value in the winter sports industry.
“We think our guests from Chicago and Milwaukee will be thrilled with the investments we are making at Wilmot for the 2016-2017 ski season, which represents one of the biggest transformations ever undertaken for a Midwestern ski area,” stated the chairman and chief and executive officer of Vail Resorts, Rob Katz. “And, with our Epic Local Pass, our guests will now be able to ski Wilmot and all of our world-class ski resorts in Colorado, Utah and Lake Tahoe.”
The following redevelopments are included in the company’s $13 million investment:
- New Lifts: Vail Mountain’s existing chairlifts will be replaced by three new four-person lifts. A new high-speed rope tow will also be added to maximize time for skiers and snowboarders on the slopes.
- Base Area Transformation: The lodge at the base of the mountain will be upgraded to include 400 seats to accommodate more guests. The current restaurant, The Iron Kettle, will also be redesigned and will offer more food and beverage choices.
- New Kids’ Ski and Snowboard School and Enhanced Beginner Area: A state-of-the-art children’s ski and snowboard center will be established at the base of the ski area to improve education for beginners and young kids.
- New Terrain Park: A brand new park will be built, offering unique and inventive features that will be created by the terrain park staff at the company’s western resorts.
- Expanded State-of-the-Art Snowmaking: New energy-efficient snow-making guns and pumps will be added to increase the amount of powder for the mountain. This feature will also allow Wilmot to open earlier in the season!
- Enhanced Alpine Racing Features: The race arena and timing systems will see intensive improvements to better support local ski clubs and racing programs.
Vail Resorts is also looking to improve their customer service practices and modern conveniences for their guests. Guests will be able to purchase their lift tickets on their mobile devices; world-renowned ski and snowboard school programming will be improved to help guests of all abilities improve; and the staff at Wilmot will be working more closely with Vail Resort’s urban ski areas and western resorts to learn effective practices in grooming, snow-making, safety, and guest service.