Sharket.com Releases List of Top 25 Orlando Timeshare Resorts
Friday, July 15, 2016
The timeshare market research website, Sharket.com, has just released its list of the “Top 25 Orlando Timeshare Resorts for 2016.”
The rankings for this list are based on actual resales and shows how well timeshares are doing at specific resorts based on who is buying them on the resale market.
“As far as we know, this is the first time anyone has attempted to put together a ranking of timeshare resorts in a specific travel destination based on transactions in the resale market,” says Bob Schmidt, Chief Data Officer of Sharket Research LLC, the company behind the rankings and the Sharket.com website. “If this ranking and our report show anything, it should make very clear that there is a significant and substantial amount of resale market activity taking place in the Orlando timeshare market.”
Orlando Timeshare Resale Observations
Bob Schmidt also stated that there are more than 10,500 resale transactions in Orlando, resulting in $59 million dollars annually. Orlando’s Top 25 timeshare resorts comprise almost 70% of the resale transactions and 98% of the dollar volume in the Orlando resale market.
As far as brands go in the Top 25, the Disney Vacation Club brand represents 3,203 resales and Marriott totals 750 resales. Hilton and Westgate each have three resorts featured in the list. Wyndham has two, while Diamond, Holiday Inn, and Vacation Village each have one.
How Sharket.com Ranks Orlando Timeshare Resorts
The analysis for the Top 25 list is based solely on resale transaction history, which includes the number of transactions, the prices paid, and the total dollar volume of resales. They have established a methodology for gathering transaction data and defining what is considered a resale versus developer transaction.
Sharket has developed a “Saleability Score,” which takes into account how many resales occur annually and for what price. This system is based on a scale from one to ten—the more resales each year and the higher the median price, the higher the Saleability Score. While more than one resort can rank for the same score, so they use the dollar volume of the resale transactions to determine the ranking. The higher dollar volume will get the higher ranking.
See the complete Top 25 list below:
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Marriott’s Grande Vista
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Marriott’s Cypress Harbour
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- HIlton Grand Vacations Club at Seaworld International Center
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Tuscany Village
- Marriott’s Harbour Lake
- Marriott’s Lakeshore Reserve
- Worldgate Resort
- Parc Soleil By Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort West Village
- Vacations Village at Parkway
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resorts
- Westgate Vacation Villas
- Marriott’s Sabal Palms
- Wyndham Star Island Resort and Club
- Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club (Diamond Resorts)
- Westgate Town Center
- Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa
Sharket.com also published a free 47-page report on the Orlando timeshare resale market that you can download for free. It includes the Top 25 list and also offers a detailed look at each of these ranked resorts such as typical resale prices. They also provide a complete ranking of all 90 timeshare resorts located in Orlando.
Find out more about Sharket.com and their database of timeshare resale data by visiting their website.