Hilton Grand Vacations Introduces New Enhanced Care Guidelines
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
As Hilton Grand Vacations starts welcoming back owners and guests to many resort properties, they have introduced its Enhanced Care Guidelines, which is designed to provide owners, guests and team members with the highest level of cleaning protocols and safety standards in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Enhanced Care Guidelines are rolling out across all HGV branded resorts and sales galleries, incorporating the Hilton CleanStay to include best practices and protocols as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and cleaning solutions approved by the Environmental Protection Agency. HGV team members will receive personal protective equipment and enhanced training in order to properly follow these guidelines and help to protect everyone’s well-being.
“We’ve always been dedicated to providing a clean and safe environment for our owners, guests and team members,” said Mark Wang, president and CEO at Hilton Grand Vacations. “That’s why, as the COVID-19 pandemic evolved, so did our focus to further elevate our standards of cleanliness at our properties, sales galleries and corporate offices worldwide. We’ve created the Enhanced Care Guidelines to focus on cleanliness that’s visible throughout a guest’s stay – from check-in to check-out.”
The Enhanced Care Guidelines include:
- Low-touch arrivals and departures with helpful social distancing signage, and all front desk stations will have protective partitions. Bell staff and valet attendants will also wear gloves and face coverings wherever possible. HGV will provide complimentary face coverings for all guests and hand sanitizer stations will be strategically located throughout the property.
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of all high-traffic public spaces, including lobbies, front desks, elevator landings and sales galleries.
- HGV room seal will be placed on guestroom entry doors to indicate the room has not been accessed since it was thoroughly cleaned.
- There will be extra disinfection precautions in high-touch areas using EPA-approved COVID-19 cleaning solutions, including light switches, door handles, phones, TV remotes, thermostats, bed and bedding, bathrooms, safes, kitchen housewares and surfaces.
- Reduction of paper items, including guest directories, magazines and printed promotional items supplemented with digital options to limit guest exposure.
- Social distancing practices will be implemented throughout the properties, including signage directing guests and team members to keep a safe distance.
- Pool decks and fitness centers will have capacity limitations to ensure proper social distancing and will also receive frequent and thorough cleaning.
- New technologies will be evaluated and considered to further improve HGV’s Enhanced Care Guidelines.
“Our top priority is always the health and safety of our owners, guests and team members,” says Stan Soroka, chief customer officer at Hilton Grand Vacations. “Elevating our cleaning standards not only provides our owners and guests with a worry-free environment so they can enjoy their return to travel, but provides our team members a safe place to work so they, in turn, can take care of their families and all who visit us.”
While in temporary suspension due to COVID-19, essential resort personnel at all HGV properties worked diligently maintaining the resorts for a safe re-opening. Annual deep cleanings, typically scheduled during slower seasons, were moved up and completed, allowing the resorts to be in top shape when owners and guests arrive.
Last week, eight HGV resorts opened for operations, with five anticipated to follow suit in weeks to come across Colorado, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina and Utah.
For more information on HGV, please visit their official website.