Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Author: Jason Tremblay | Topics: Bluegreen Timeshare, Festiva timeshare, Hilton Timeshare, Hyatt Vacation Club Timeshare, Marriott Timeshare
The following information is based on the most current updates available at the time this blog was published. Travelers, vacationers, and timeshare owners and timeshare resorts guests are always advised to check directly with their timeshare resorts or hotels for further updates.
- At the Four Seasons New York, all 368 rooms were sold out for Tuesday, with rooms for Wednesday night still available starting at $995/night.
- The Westin Times Square is sold out, occupied by stranded out-of-towners and local families whose homes are flooded, without electricity or both.
- As noted in Tuesday’s The Timeshare Authority blog (Hurricane Sandy Update for Marriott Hotels and Marriott Timeshares), some of the New York City hotels that are closed include: the Ritz-Carlton Battery Park and New York Marriott Downtown. Additionally, the Courtyard by Marriott in Lower Manhattan is closed due to lack of electricity.
- Marriott Vacation Club timeshare owners and guests can receive resort updates by calling:1-800-845-4226.
- Two hotels that belong to Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ system remain closed. These are W New York Downtown in Lower Manhattan that flooded but was fully evacuated at the time and Le Parker Meridien, which was forced to evacuate guests after a construction crane on a neighboring skyscraper partially collapsed, posing a threat to pedestrians below.
- Hilton New York (1335 Avenue of the Americas) is open for business. Restaurants currently open near the hotel include: Carnegie Delicatessen & Restaurant, Old Castle Pub and Restaurant, Benash, Astro Diner, Premiere Deli, Olivieros Cafe, Rosy O Grady’s and Bistro Milano.
- Hilton Grand Vacations is advising its upcoming West 57th Street by Hilton Club guests: “If you have a question about your reservation in light of current conditions, please call 1-800-932-4482 or 1-407-722-3141 for Owners and all others call central reservations at 1-972-770-6100 or 1-800-445-8667.”
- Bluegreen Timeshare reported this on Tuesday evening: Hurricane Sandy Update, and all is well at our resorts. Power is still on at The Breakers, The Soundings, Suites at Hershey, Atlantic Palace, Patrick Henry Square, and Shenandoah Crossing. Manhattan Club is functioning fine but have been without power since 5pm yesterday. Guests and Owners stayed in every resort except Atlantic Palace, which was evacuated yesterday.
- Festiva’s Coconut Malorie resort in Ocean City, Maryland reopened on Tuesday at 12 noon. There was no major damage, just a few leaks to repair.