ARDA Social Media Forum at ARDA World 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
“Call to Action: The Pay Off for Reputation Building through Social Media”
At this year’s American Resort Development Association annual convention, ARDA World 2012, one of the forums that generated the most buzz (appropriately) was the Social Media Forum, of which I was privileged to be a part.
The forum leaders discussed a great deal about what their companies are doing to utilize the tools of social media but some of the most important concepts that I personally felt came out of the session were:
- You don’t have to have the biggest presence on the web or have the most followers or friends to benefit from the messaging power of social media.
- Social media is one of the simplest, most readily accessible and least expensive ways to communicate with your timeshare owners, buyers, renters, sellers and prospects.
- You don’t need an outside agency to make this work, but you do need to be consistent in your approach and your efforts.
- The timeshare industry could benefit tremendously from the positive messaging power of social media.
- And most importantly of all... social media only works if you use it.
My takeaway from the ARDA World 2012 Social Media Forum: